National Association of BPO Professionals
The National Association of Broker Price Opinion Professionals (NABPOP) is a non-profit professional trade association of BPO Practitioners (Real Estate Sales Agents and Brokers) who perform professional Broker Price Opinions BPOs or support the advocacy of BPOs. NABPOP is a not-for-profit organization who promotes and maintains BPO industry standards, promotes and ensures professionalism, competence, advocates the use and practice of BPOs, and promotes the advancement of the BPO industry within the Real Estate industry.
NABPOP is a national organization with headquarters in Scottsdale Arizona. NABPOP has been an association with primary emphasis on Broker Price Opinions since 2003.
NABPOP envisions a uniform and standardized BPO Industry with highly qualified and competent Real Estate Professionals that service the BPO industry. NABPOP also envisions uncovering and leveraging the synergies that exist between the BPO Practitioners and between the BPO Provider organizations (BPO/REO Companies, banks, lenders, asset managers, hedge fund managers, investment managers etc…l) for the common benefit of all organizations and BPO Practitioners in the BPO and valuation industry.
NABPOP’s vision is to affect the BPO industry and, by extension, the valuation industry, with an environment of continuous ongoing excellence and a seamless communication network between NABPOP members, BPO Companies and financial institutions, and the general public requiring Real Estate services from NABPOP members who are highly proficient in Real Estate evaluation and pricing.
NABPOP’s mission is to continuously develop and promote real estate professionals and BPO practitioners to raise the overall effectiveness of the BPO and real estate valuation industry. NABPOP seeks to support the overall industry, members, BPO
providing companies (BPO companies, REO Companies, banks, lenders, loan servicers etc…) by continuously developing, implementing, and promoting programs and services.
NABPOP is committed to advocating the practice of BPOs by promoting standards of excellence in the profession through:
- BPO Education
- BPO Certification
- BPO Political Advocacy
- Enforcing a Code of Ethics and Professionalism
- Communication Networks
- Professional and BPO Resources
- Industry Research & Surveys
- Networking Forums
Code of Ethics and Professionalism
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
- Strive to achieve and maintain the highest level of knowledge pertaining to the process and procedures to complete accurate BPOs.
- Strive to achieve and maintain the highest level of knowledge pertaining to your local market and service area.
- Strive to take all steps necessary for accurate price evaluations.
- Comply with the law.
- Commit to continuous learning, skills development, and application of new knowledge related to both Broker Price Opinions and Real Estate.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge, the evolution of the profession, and the growth of individuals through teaching, research, and dissemination of knowledge.
- Respect the Professional Reputation of other Association Members.
- Strive to maintain a public awareness that Association Members treat all assignments fairly and impartially.
- Respect the confidential Relationship with other Association Members as well as the confidential nature of the client relationship.
- Accept only those assignments for which you have the ability to perform in a competent and Professional Manner.
- Do not accept assignments which involve a conflict of interest.
- Understand and apply the recognized methods and techniques that are necessary to produce a credible and professional price evaluation.